This checklist will safeguard your interests next time you purchase cattle or deer and will help the seller comply with current national animal identification regulations.
- Make sure all animals are correctly identified with AHB or NAIT ear tags, see the latest tagging requirements
- Check section 6 of the Animal Status Declaration (ASD) information
- Check the TB status of the animals
- If the animals are from a Movement Control Area, check that they have been tested within the last 60 days
- Check the last whole herd test date, and was TB detected?
- If the animals are from an infected herd make sure you are aware of your obligations and how introducing these animals will affect your herd status.
- You must retain copies of ASDs for the period that the animals are kept plus an additional 12 months.
If you have concerns about the TB status of the animals you are buying or bringing onto your property for grazing, call the free information line on 0800 4 824 636.